Crews have been working through the night to clear abandoned cars, treat and scrape roads and assess conditions. At this point all drivers are urged to stay off the roads.
Drivers who took shelter in a Samaritan's home are urged to wait until roads can be declared passable.
Currently the roads in worst condition are:
• Cogburn Road south of Bethany Bend
• Freemanville Road south of Providence Road
• All of Hamby RoadAll of Bethany Bend
• All of Bethany Way
• Portions of Hopewell Road
• Portions of Ga. 372/Birmingham Highway
• Dinsmore Road
Drivers in the City of Milton should consider all bridges, overpasses, and shaded areas to be icy.