CITY OF HIRAM COUNCIL MEETING
217 Main Street, Hiram, GA 30141
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Call the Public Hearing to Order: Mayor Doris A. Devey
Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance: Rich Erdman, Hiram Police Department Chaplain
Public Hearing: The City of Hiram will hold a Public Hearing regarding the amendment to Article XII, Signs, 2012 Zoning Ordinance of the City of Hiram, Georgia.
Adjourn the Public Hearing:
Call the Regular Session to Order: Mayor Doris A. Devey
Approval of Minutes: January 3, 2013 Special Called Session; January 8, 2013 Regular Session; January 12, 2013 Retreat; January 29, 2013 Work Session.
1.Recognize Hiram Elementary School for their achievement in being designated a “High Progress Reward School” by the State of Georgia, Department of Education.
1.To consider authorizing the Mayor to enter into a contract with Stevenson & Palmer Engineering, Inc. to conduct a Water System Rate Study for the City of Hiram Water System.
2. To consider authorizing the Mayor to enter into the 2013 Support Contract with the Paulding Economic Development Organization.
3. To consider amending Motion 12-7 from the January 3, 2012 meeting to be: All City employees shall take the Loyalty Oath upon employment with the City of Hiram. This Oath is to be administered by a City Official authorized to administer Oaths. Additionally, Police Officers will be given the Oath of Office by the Chief of Police as required in the City of Hiram Standard Operating Manual.
4. To consider awarding the contract for the Fitzgerald Street Storm Water Improvement Project to Site Engineering, Inc. in the amount of $33,000.00 as the lowest, most responsible bidder.
5. To consider adoption of Resolution 2013-03 for the Purpose of Amending, Revising, and Supplementing the Charter of the City of Hiram, Georgia and for submitting the Charter to the General Assembly for its consideration and approval.
6. To enter into Executive Session to discuss negotiations concerning property acquisition and for discussion concerning personnel issues.
7.To enter back into Regular Session.
-Financial Report: Mr. Rokovitz
-Department Reports: Police Department, Operations Department, Administration Department
-Mayor and City Council Comments:
8. To adjourn the Regular Session.