Not everyone will see all candidates listed because of the district they reside in. However, the ballot will include contested races for:
- President, Democratic incumbent Barack Obama is opposed by Republican Mitt Romney and Libertarian Gary Johnson.
- U.S. House District 14, Republican incumbent Tom Graves is opposed by Democrat Danny Grant.
- Two Georgia Public Service Commission seats; Republican incumbent Chuck Eaton is opposed by Democrat Stephen Oppenheimer and Libertarian Brad Ploeger; and Republican incumbent Stan Wise is opposed by Libertarian David Staples.
- A Special Republican primary for State Senate District 30 between Mike Dugan, Bill Hembree, Jim Naughton and Glenn Richardson.
- State House District 66, Republican Bob Snelling and Democrat Kimberly Alexander.
- State House District 67, Republican Micah Gravley and Democrat Leigh Mcmutry.
Paulding voters also will be asked to choose “yes” or “no” on amending the state constitution to allow:
- Charter school applicants to appeal to a state board if denied by a local school board.
- The state government to enter multi-year leases on property.
Unopposed candidates are on the ballot for State Senate District 31; State House Districts 17 and 19; County Sheriff; Tax Commissioner; County Commission Chairman; County Superior Court Clerk; Probate Judge; Surveyor; Coroner; Magistrate Judge; School Board At-Large position; School Board Districts 1, 3 and 4; County Commission Post 1; and Coosa River Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisor.