1. Call to Order: Mayor Harvey Persons
2. Invocation: Minister Jonathan Copeland with Atlanta West Pentecostal Church
3. Pledge of Allegiance: Mayor Pro Tem Larry Yockey
4. Announcements - Presentations:
A. Presentation by Mayor Harvey Persons of a proclamation recognizing Feb. 10, 2013, through Feb. 16, 2013, as National FBLA-PBL Week in the City of Douglasville.
B. On Tuesday, Jan. 29, at the Keep America Beautiful National Conference in Washington, D.C., Keep Douglasville Beautiful received the third place Distinguished Service Award from KAB for the 30,000 to 50,000 population category.
5. Minutes Approval
A. Minutes of the legislative work session of Jan. 17, 2013, and the regular meeting of Jan. 22, 2013.
6. Public Safety Committee - Chairman Dennis McLain
A. Item 20-13-04 - Adopt an ordinance repealing and reserving section 58-4 - Hunting of the Offences and Miscellaneous Provisions Ordinance of the Douglasville City Code, due to recent enactment of an ordinance regulating hunting as a matter of zoning and land use.
B. Item 20-13-05 - Adopt a resolution endorsing the Georgia Open Roads Policy, and committing the Douglasville Police Department to promote and advocate the Policy’s Quick Clearance principals concerning traffic safety and mobility before, during and after auto accidents.
C. Item 20-13-06 - Adopt a resolution authorizing the Eastside Elementary School to use certain City of Douglasville streets from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 27, for its first Paw Pride Fun Run.
D. Item 20-13-07 - Select the low bidder to provide document shredding services for a one-year period to the City of Douglasville Police Department, and authorize the Mayor to sign an agreement with this low bidder for receipt of said services.
7. Community & Economic Development Committee - Chairman Dennis McLain
A. Item 21-13-02 - Adopt a resolution providing for four appointments to the City of Douglasville Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) Advisory Board for two-year terms extending through December 31, 2014.
8. Planning & Development Committee - Chairman Carl Pope
A. Item 22-13-02 - Tabled from Jan. 22, 2013: Request for a change in zoning from CG (general commercial district) to CG (general commercial district) with a special land use permit for Automotive Sales and Service: New & Used Cars on approximately 0.46+/- acres at 8570 Hospital Drive located in Land Lot 50, District 1, Section 5, Parcel 58. Application submitted by Junxiong Chen.
B. Item Item 22-13-06 - Adopt a resolution providing for the appointment of the citizen Stakeholders Group to be involved in an update of the City of Douglasville’s Comprehensive Plan.
9. Parks & Recreation Committee - Chairman Samuel Davis
10. Finance Committee - Chairman Mark Adams
11. Information Technology Committee - Chairman Larry Yockey
A. Item 25-13-02 - Consider the application of DoveTel Communications LLC, doing business as Synch Global, to convert its local telecom franchise to a state franchise, as permitted by state law.
12. Maintenance & Sanitation Committee - Chairman Larry Yockey
13. Transportation Committee - Chairman LaShun Burr-Danley
14. Personnel & Organization Committee - Chairman Doug Lequire
15. Ordinances & Intergovernmental Committee - Chairman Samuel Davis
A. Item 29-13-03 - Authorize the Mayor, on behalf of the City of Douglasville, to sign an Intergovernmental Agreement with the governments of Douglas County and the City of Villa Rica regarding the Energy Excise Tax.
16. Education & Training Committee - Chairman LaShun Burr-Danley
17. Other Business
18. City Attorney - Joel Dodson
19. Chief Assistant City Attorney - Suzan Littlefield
20. City Manager - Bill Osborne
21. Comments from Citizens and Delegates