The man was working on the roof of a building at the Chastain Square shopping center on Roswell Road at about 10:30 a.m. when he was electrocuted, said Capt. Tony Brown of the Sandy Springs Fire Rescue Department. A total of three fire engines from both the Sandy Springs and Atlanta fire rescue departments were called to the scene, where one ladder was used to transport the workman from the roof to the ground. He was conscious when transported to an ambulance and taken to Grady Memorial Hospital in downtown Atlanta.
Rains from Wednesday morning’s storms that moved through metro Atlanta could have caused the electrocution.
One northbound lane of traffic on Roswell Road was blocked by both the ambulance and a fire engine while the man was rescued.